Saturday, November 3

5 things bout me

Hello everyone, this is Joel Tan :D
not to be confused with the smexier Joel Han. This is an shot of me :)

Anyways, these are 5 things about me !
1) I've been climbing since like forever, haha i picked it up in sec 1. I was suppose to be in the badminton, but i got distracted during cca exhibition and saw the school's rock wall and just decided to go with my urge to climb and Join ODAC :) That makes it roughly 7 years of climbing for me :D its probably the only sport i have vaguely excelled in so im glad i found it ! Oh Oh coincidentally the first comp i joined was BA ! cant remember which year but it was the "Get A Grip" year, i tried my very best but i didnt even got a bonus for a single route :( Anyways, im glad i had so long to explore climbing ! Not just the physical part of it but the introspection, exploration of personal attributes and character and sort of the mental side to it and perhaps it has allowed me to gain a greater understanding of a literal higher state of self elevation (bad puns intended)


2) I hearts my family !   

I have two brothers, one older, one younger, no sister though. So its like a boys club in my house with only my mum as the counterpoint to the overload of mischief and manliness. My parents made sure me and my bros grew up real tight so we did alot of things together as a kid. We use to race each other by setting fastest laps around the estate on our bikes and all the usual shenanigans like fighting and furniture breaking ! Im glad it turned out this way cos being in such a busy period of life in uni, such opportunities are far and few so yes family is important :D



 My bros and my dad in Yellowstone :) OH  and i love the national parks in America ! Been to Yosemite 3 times, met a mother bear and it's cubs once, and hiked countless kilometres in pure bliss on earth :)

 3) Im in love with Food !!!!

My mom is a great cook which is probably why i like food so much !!! She always cook the dinners (sometime lunches) at home without fail for the pass 18 years of my life. I cannot attest to being able to cook it though but i love eating food, talking about food, smelling food, looking at great food and understanding food :D When it came down to doing chores in the house, i would always choose helping mum in the kitchen hahaha :)

oh and my mum makes a mean apple pie tooooo ;D



This was a sea feast with had in Seattle at a place called the Crab Pot. juicy clams, luxurious king crab, succulent snow crab and loads of other molluscs and shellfish ! definitely worth checking out if you happen to be in Seattle

4) Im obsessed with cars !!! Yessss.
Well they say, the toys boys play with never disappear, they just get larger. Yup yup , so yes im defo into automobiles :) Its just really amazing how much emotion and imagination one can capture in pieces of metal and how a single developmental process can bring in so much character and beauty. I like marquess that put attention to detail so right now the current car im digging is the Koeniggsegg Agera R.



Probably have to sell of my liver and my children to be able to afford one ( im kidding please dont future call child services or something on me)

5) And lastly... I love reading !

Cant say i am such a voracious reader like Novia but i love a great read and the escapism that couples with it !!! But i havent had the time these few months to read cos ive got plenty of textbooks to read :(

Isnt it kind of intriguing how something so physical and quantifiable like words and pages can generate so much resonating emotions and impressions ?????? Anyways, I currently picked up C.S Lewis so i hope i can find the time to read more often :D

Sooooo thats me. Next Up...... the closest girl i know in the team SYAFIQ