Saturday, September 15

5 things about Alicia Chow


Hello everyone! This is Alicia Chow aka Xiao Li (but no my chinese name is not xiao li ah)


Didn't expect it would be my turn so soon, but nevertheless here are 5 things about me!

1) SAJC

Just like Nicole and Paul, i started climbing when i was in sa.

Intitially, I was deciding between ODAC & Climbing but ODAC did lots of running and i HATE running. Plus climbing sounded really fun!
But when i first stared climbing, it was really tough for me...especially after trainings when i ached so badly. I remember the day after my first training, I couldn't even get out of bed. Every muscle in my body cramped up everytime i move, really. You must understand...the only "sport" i used to do then was taking my dog for a walk.

2) Brown

...is the natural colour of my hair!
Which means I don't have to spend extra money colouring my hair! (:

3) Snoopy!

I adopted my first dog, Snoopy, 4 years ago.
He just turned 5 this August (:

  This is him doing Yoga + lifting weights + watching TV
                                

Don't be deceived by his cute/innocent look, he's actually VERY mischievous.
There was once i forgot to close my room door & he went up my bed to poo poo omg ):

4) I love to bake! 

I used to only know how to use those Betty Crocker pre-mixed stuff to make brownies and cookies.  (Such an easy way to impress others right hehe)
Until one day, I was so inspired and motivated to bake from scratch when I watched this Food Network programme. I tell you...I can watch Food Network all day and not get bored.
So then i started to bake during my free time! I actually have a food blog haha but its not updated so don't expect anything.
I love how the whole house would smell so warm & fuzzy from what's baking in the oven.
I actually wanted to go overseas to learn pastry/baking but i didn't want to burn a big hole in my parents' pockets. So yeah, anyway, here are some of the cakes/cookies I've made:

Lion Icebox Cookies
(Disfigured) Angry Bird Cookies


Mini chocolate cupcakes for Onsight's 1st anni
Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding


Rainbow layered cake with buttercream icing for Onsight's 1st anni
Okay, i shall stop with the photos here haha in case you guys salivate don't blame me ah.

5) My first surgery at 13!

This might be one of the most interesting facts about me!
Yes, I had my first surgery when I was in sec 1. But no it wasn't something bad lah haha.

I had really sweaty palms...since I was born? Can't actually remember when I had it but yeah it was so severe to the extend where sweat can literally drip down my arm. And I had a really hard time writing on paper because most of the time i'll just make the whole paper damp x)
I tried many different methods like applying medicated stuff on my palms but it didn't work at all.
So when i was 13, my parents decided to let me go for surgery to get rid of this problem!

Haha so now my palms don't sweat when I climb hehe (:

Okayyyy so that's all! (Phewww)

Next up....

                                                                   MOSES THIEN