Monday, October 25

Ai Lin's 5 things

Ai Lin's 5 things. it's finally done. Im so sorry to have taken so long. actually most of my friends call me SAL cos those are my initials...up to you what you wanna call me.

5 things about myself

1) As some of you might know I did gymnastics. I wanted to pick it up initially cos I wanted to show off the stunts to my friends. I liked doing my skills in the void deck or playground, much to my mom’s horror. Then I liked the pain and torturous circuit trainings too. My parents hated gym though cos they thought it was too injury-prone and abnormal since girls aren’t usually so muscular. I actually got a couple of injuries from gym and had to stop after J1 cos my back cmi. but when jud asked me about injuries during trials I said no =P Oh and I must clarify female artistic gymnasts don’t have those gross swimmer wings luh. I switched to rhythmic gym in sec 3 and danced around with ropes, hoops and balls. Muscles subsequently degenerated to flabs ): Heres a photo from a rhythmic comp. spot me.

2) I would’ve joined cheerleading if I hadn’t made it into climb…got poached during rag. Glad I didn’t join cheer. Rag was already rather stressful. My 1.6+m friend joined and has to lose weight til she’s under 50kg before she can fly! sure get eating disorders man. And I love my food too much. My friends like to say I’m still undergoing puberty cos I often help them finish their food. My friends also say they cant imagine me in cheer cos they say I’m too guy. I dont mind doing this kind of cheer though:

3) Since JC my guy friends have always told me I’m not a girl. Partly cos I used to be quite zhuang4. Not really cos of the way I look but the way I think and behave. I didn’t cut boy hair like Alicia, I’ve had long hair tied back into a neat ponytail since forever (last time cos of gym). I couldn’t stand girls who go to school with fancy curled hair or messy fringe. I only cut my hair short this year cos my mom said I was getting a receding hairline from tying my hair too tightly. I very rarely (almost never) wear skirts or dresses. I always wear the clothes that are on top of the pile so I end up wearing the same few outfits. Even when I went to work, I only alternated between three sets of clothes and my supervisors asked me if I ever wear skirts or dresses. I also hate shopping...my mom does it for me. So I currently have 2 skirts and 3 dresses in my wardrobe. My favourite attire is actually PT kit.

4) One of the best times I’ve had in life thus far was in France (no parents!) where I did some amazing stuff like climb 1000m up the icy Alps, drink 8 consecutive glasses of red wine without getting tipsy, crashing this French school's PE and getting chased out by the principal :D oh and French TV is sexciting. the French love sex so much even their CSI-kind of show quite steam…midway through some meeting or investigation one of them (not necessarily the male) can shang4, very exciting de srsly cos they steam when you least expect it! So once I was watching the French channel at home when sex suddenly happened and my dad and bro chose to walk into the room at the same time. My dad hasn’t cancelled the French channel yet I guess he approves. This is what happened after the wine, I understandably got quite high:

5) Some other random bits of stuff about me. I don’t watch a lot of TV but I have some shows that I like. My favourite TV series is Make It or Break It by abc family (now season 2 only)…doubt y’all know the show. I also like Fringe and House! I’m a big fan of survivor and ANTM, but now no time to watch. I used to follow EPL and supported Man U in the days when their sponsor was Sharp. but my mom refused to subscribe to sports channel so I’ve stopped watching. I like listening to Chinese songs. Improves my Chinese! My Chinese is actually not bad cos I’ve always had china coaches. My favourite singer is Jay Chou (: go ktv can jio me.