Monday, October 25

climbing is the reason why my heart beats

why do i climb?

i climb because i like it.
i like it more than running such that i psych myself to finish my race to reach pasir ris on time.
i like it more than netball that i go for pt with weighted pullups rather than court trainings (opps).
i like it more than studying that im at the gym more times during recess week than normal weeks.

what keeps me going? kicking guys asses keeps me going. ;) haha. having my forearms feel pumped and yet finishing a route keeps me going. i love the feeling of moving on the wall, linking the sequence smoothly, feeling alone (when im leading) and really pushing myself mentally. climbing is just so engaging you cant pull your mind off it. i guess i cant help but love the feeling of my fingers crunching down on holds, moving off shitty tiles, locking to reach a sloper, doing an awesome dropknee, all these combine to make fluid movement and this sport so enticing. even watching others do their moves psyches you up and makes you want to jump on the wall to try it out.

i'll never have enough of the endless lunch talks about our climbing projects and which places to visit next. when you hear henghong talk about some particular move, or when jiawei exclaims about sticking that hold, or hear yixiong talk about some damn good route, you know you're eating lunch with the right kinda people.

and i really cannot imagine what i'll be without climbing. never imagined myself up on some wall in krabi, having the wind in my hair, chalk on my fingers, sand in my shoes and 20 metres off the ground. =) i guess climbing really brought lots of adventures to my doorstep. ive never taken a plane overseas until the first time i went to krabi. at the back of my mind every time the semester starts to close, i itch to get back out there and find something to climb. i count down to my imaginary grad trip where i'll scoot off to some fantastic place and climb and climb and climb.



thanks jiawei for putting up that post! climbing is part of me all the way from my fingertips to my toes! 2 and a half years of climbing is definitely not enough for us. we need more!! i think i never used the word "psyched!" so much in my first 19 years of life until now. all thanks to psych master jiawei, channeling and distributing psych wherever he goes ;)