Thursday, October 25

5 things about Su Fern!


Hello!!! Sorry to keep everybody waiting! Here are 5 things about me:

1)
I love animals but I like cats the best!!! When I was younger I used to read tons of books about animals- anybody remembers the Animal Ark series?? Anyway, I like cats so much that I used to carry about cat treats in my bag and I would offer stray cats a little bit!! I got thejumpy neighbourhood stray to eat some out of my handhaha many mornings were spent sitting patiently at the staircase so as to gain its trust. When I picked up climbing earlier this year, I realized that many of the climbing gyms had cats residing within the gym/ in the vicinity!! At ClimbAsia I fed Grumpy (who ignored me after the food was gone) and at Yishun SAFRA I fed a stray on the way to the gym and at Onsight I fed the kittens!!! I’ve yet to find a cat lurking around NUS but if you do see one tell me k :)

2)
I like sports!! I’ve been through phases of different sports ranging from short stints with sports like muaythai, windsurfing, kickboxing etc. to my ‘staple’ sportslike running /swimming! I used to swim a lot when I was very young. Then I spent a good part of secondary school to JC running long d. Like siao hahaha Everyday run runrun!! I pushed myself quite hard then!! Haha back then I was young so I possessed the ample energy required xDThe most memorable running experience in J1 was finishing 21km without stopping!! I don’t even know how I did it now haha. Okay but the thing is!! Somehow I always end up signing up for the wrong category for marathons!! For the 21km run, I actually signed up for the 10km run. So I flipped my race tag over and justrannnnnnnnnnnn and tried to avoid all the officials in case they decided to ask me about my tag. And this year’s Runus- I signed up for the open category when I was supposed to sign up for the Nus category with myfriends hahaha.

3)
Somewhat related to point two- do yoga. There’s this misconception that yoga is boring!! But it’s not!!! I really like it! (Even if I can’t do all the moves) Especially when we do cool stuff like arm balances! I’m not so good at stuff that requires straightening/ stretching of legs cuz my hamstrings are tight from all that running.Maybe one day I can do the posture where you can suck in your stomach all the wayyyyyy. I wanted to put a picture of the pose but it’s too creepy and I don’t wannascare anyone xD


4)
Ok I looked through my old photos and realized that over the course of my life, I have done a lot of stupid things which have (unfortunately) been caught on camera.Hahaha so embarrassing but I will share nevertheless. There are more!! But these are the least embarrassing ones…… so that I will still be able to retain a semblance of my dignity next time I see you all. K this leads me to my point- I am quite shy with people I don’t really know but once we hit off  hahahaha I promise you we will have the time of our lives xD 

Left: me at 6 being stupid with my bro. but it’s okay. Cuzwe’re kids. Kids are allowed to do dumb stuff. Right: 11 years later- not much has changed……



My friends caught me at the Chinatown Heritage centre trying to pass of as a fortune teller




5)
MY LAST POINT IS ABOUT ALI CHOW. I’ve known Chow since secondary one!!!!!!!! We’ve been through thick and thin (and more, I daresay!!!) together. We used to be in guides back in secondary school and now I’m very excited to be in the same CCA together with her again!!She’s also the person you can thank (or scold) for my being in climbing.Haha the very first time I went bouldering was when Chow brought me to Yishun!!! :) She is a very goodshifu!!! Here are two pictures to sum up the evolution of our friendship.
                                            to

 to

HAHA done finally!!!!! Ferran it's your turn!!!!