Thursday, September 15

5 interests of Jac

Hi guys! Please address me as Jac because that would be lovely.

Since we're going to be so involved in climbing, I will not share any climbing-related things.

Here goes:

1. I have an interest in interior design. When people go clubbing, I prefer going to see showflats/residential properties. I love viewing exquisite interior decor and soaking in the atmosphere the designer attempts to create for showflats and get excited seeing old run down houses because of all the ideas in my head that could turn the place into a beautiful sight. I have personally done up my previous and current home. I really relish in the satisfaction derived from seeing cement and bricks to a beautifully furnished home! I developed this interest when I was in my tween years and have shifted house 6 times.. and still counting. Every shift means a new opportunity for me to design again which I am really looking forward to. 

2. I love other sports which are too expensive to do on a consistent basis. One of them is jet-skiing, which I fell in love with after a Phuket trip in 2008. The adrenaline of flying up and plunging down into the huge waves drives me crazy. Another is go-karting. Singapore's facility is too expensive.

I went to JB for karting sessions that were half the price as compared to SG. And have been wanting to go again. The need for speed and the feeling of being so close to the gravel keeps me on the edge.

3. I have a cat called "Sushi". She loves me the most in the family(or so I would like to believe) because she only chooses to sleep with me in between my legs(weird position to be in) at very rare times on my bed. She responds to me very energetically and looks at me with her big watery eyes. Whenever I eat, she'll be ON the dining table pretending to be the one of the dishes (or sometimes she tries to paw them so she can eat them too). Whenever I study, she'll be sleeping on my books and files just to accompany me.

During my A levels
And whenever I read the newspapers, she will be trying to sit on top of it all right in front of my face(honestly I don't know what her intentions are) but I will still try and flip the pages and she will not budge at all.

Fat lazy ass looking away pretending nothing happened
Her favourite sleeping spot is everywhere in the house with no permanent spot. Sometimes she climbs to the top of the fridge for warmth, sometimes she hides herself under my covers, sometimes she sleeps on my bag which I place on the table, and other times when the Cupboard Opportunities come, she'll dive into the shelves and plop there comfortably. She has since learnt to open the cabinets in the house to sleep with the bowls and plates. When she was a kitten at 3 months, I used to sing her lullabies till she fell asleep in my arms.

Sushi at 6 months old
She has been sleeping her life away(3/4 of the time) for 3 years and still counting. Yes, i love my cat so much that she's the most elaborated point i have here. 

4. I enjoy fine dining a lot. A lot, a lot. I'm most generous when it comes to spending on food. It's one of my dreams to dine at the celebrity restaurants at MBS. But I haven't reached the level to spend $500 on a degustation meal(those damn liao lui and small portions) and it won't be anytime soon either. Many girls' dreams are to buy that diamond ring (over-generalisation), but my dream when I earn my first real perm job pay cheque is to go for a satisfyingly good meal. I enjoy ice and dessert wine too but it's too expensive to indulge in it whenever i want.
This is a toe stall
5. I loved skating. Notice loved. Because the skating scene has since changed. I used to skate with the NUS Skating Club people when I was still a xiao mei mei (secondary school days). Then, I was actively involved in SGSkaters as well, which has closed down long time back. All the people around me were much older, so I was always very well taken care of. I used to be very good at slaloming that I was invited to join the national team when they started a girls freestyle slalom team. I could have pioneered the girls slalom scene in Singapore cos there were very very little female slalomers. Imagine all the potential when I was merely 13/14 years old. HAHAHA.

This video was done 5 years back in 2006:

The move is called "crazy", which I think it's the best description for the devotion I had for slaloming.  I've lost all the skills already. So don't ask me to perform tricks with the very old and stiff joints because they have not been used.

After reading all that, you'd have to do minimal homework to find out more about me. But that doesn't mean I'm not interesting anymore. I still am... hahahaha. 

Next up, Shiyu please!