Saturday, September 15

my 5 things

I'm even more n00b than you Sum. This is my FIRST ever post on a blog! :P

That's me in the middle. We turned up in the primary colours without any prior planning haha. Another girl came in green. We looked like the teletubbies :P

Ok 5 things about me:

1.
BROTHER. My brother is 180cm while I am 158cm. We are proof of Mendel's Law of Independent Assortment! (Bio students would know what I mean haha) I remember when we were younger and we met relatives during CNY, our conversations would always go like this:

Relative: (looks at brother) This year taking O levels right?
Brother: Nope next year. I'm only sec 3.
R: Ohh ok... (looks at me) Then you, this year sec 1?
Me: No sec 2.
R: Oh. (pauses a while) wah so fast sec 2 already ah

-_-

But I still enjoyed CNY of course (:

2.
FURRY FRIENDS. I've never actually had pets but my neighbour has had many many which I helped to take care of. We've had 18 hamsters, 3 rabbits and 1 guinea pig. I loved the hamsters most! They're soooo adorable especially when they sneeze :D (they do that when you bathe them cos I guess they catch colds too) Now my neighbours have fish and a cat but they also feed the stray cat in our block. She comes all the way up to our floor where she has her own food and water bowls and basket. She's pretty smart cos she knows only to take the lift with me or my neighbours. Then you have to hold the door open for her while she takes her own sweet time to come out. She is a very lucky cat [:

3.
MAROON5. I listen to a wide variety of music, from Linkin Park to Corrinne May, but the only band I would willingly pay to watch even if their concert's the night before a major exam (or climbing competition :P). I know the lyrics to most of their songs. It used to be ALL their songs but then they came out with a new album recently so the lyrics haven't fully sunk into my head haha.

4.
SCOLIOSIS. I have two titanium rods in my back from a surgery I underwent in 2003 to correct my curved spine. Plus, a looong scar down my back and another one on my hip where they got a bone graft from. Couldn't do PE for a year and was supposed to avoid vigorous activity. Early this year, I was fully discharged (ie. no more follow-up appointments). At that last consultation I actually asked my doctor if I could do rock climbing and he gave me the green light (: And no, I have no problems with metal detectors, if you're wondering...

Because I can't think of anything else,
5.
RANDOM. These are the things I thought of posting until I read the rest of the posts and realised my 5 things had to be longer than one sentence each. Here goes: I eat muffins from bottom-up, ice-cream cones too. All my bedsheets have teddy bears on them even though I don't particularly like them. I used to be in the choir, archery and library society! it doesn't get anymore diverse than that haha. I was top PSLE student in my primary school (despite never being in the top 3 in all 6 years. I felt quite bad for the girl who was supposed to be the top scorer :/). My chinese sucks but I love my chinese name too! 陈怡薇 (:

That's it! I tag my bestest buddy and partner-in crime DIANA :D