Sunday, November 5

climbaprix - jensen's take

i learnt a lot about myself yesterday from just that short half hour competing.

i was a bit nervous before and during isolation, since this is my first competition like charles. it wasn't so much of my expectations of how well i'll climb, but more of just the fact that it's a competition. but the moment i stepped onto the mattress towards Route A, everything seemed like i'm back in the school gym. relaxed, chilled out, funky music and my teammates behind me telling me to push it. i thought i'd panic but luckily everything went so well in terms of nerves. i guess i have balls of steel. but that brings me to my next realisation(not sharma one).

i need to change the way i dyno. i tend to leave one hand on the tile when i throw for the dyno and i think thats why i slipped off the 2 endtiles (and left me falling really unglamly on the first route.basket....face down leh....already not handsome already still kena full force). must climb with grace, but must also fall with grace. i'm not sure if my dyno style is due to fear of not getting the tile or simply because i'm too cocksure that my span is long enough for every dyno. so guys, please screw it into my head the next time i dyno, "commit with 2 hands!".

and of course, kudos to the team for screaming and shouting for everyone else climbing yesterday. the atmosphere was great and i can really see how close-knit the seniors really are. but i think we juniors are quite chummy with each other too. haha. thats the way to go man. now that i have a bad sore throat from all that shouting, you guys will find the gym a little quiet without my bullshit.

well done to those who did well, to all those whose expectations fell short, that's what makes us push ourselves to improve. but let's concentrate on KL! natural rock, oh man....gets me all pumped up and palms sweaty.