Thursday, March 9

side step or same hand same leg

Recently, I've been doing some boulder problems when sidestepping is impossible and the only way to execute the move is to do a same hand same leg (SHSL) movement.

So that got me thinking - when is it that I should side step and when is it that I should just go frontal with SHSL. Afterall, it'd be good to recognise the circumstances so you don't have to use trial and error during competitions (not enough time and energy!)

After thinking for a while I realised 3 conditions

1) When the foothold is too high
2) When the foothold is too far to one side. (eg going for a far right tile with right hand and the foothold v far left)
3) When is it a cut loose movement and sidestepping will create too much barndoor effect.


Haha v bo liaoz? This is how I spend my free time.

;============================================
I was also thinking about Endurance vs Power

I think that they are the antithesis of one other... ie you train power, you lose endurance. You train endurance, you lose power. Is it true? V sad if it is true..

Recently all i've been concentrating on thus far was finger and campus board. My power did go up so I thought the 6C endurance routes alrdy completed last time would be no kick right? Did some last min endurance this week and realised that - No I was absolutely wrong!

Dun think my technique deproved so it must be the endurance right???