Tuesday, March 28

joys of competition

cannot tahan, got to blog agn about my first open comp, paiseh!!

We all started out as novice/intermediate climbers and during that time, I usually felt like quite a strong contendor for finals or medals. Flashing routes was the priority cos every attempt counted towards your ranking. Now in open, at my standard, it's totally different.

The routes are unflashable (sometimes even uncompletable as a project) to me as they are meant for climbers much stronger than I am. Yet I am feeling an even greater joy. The atmosphere during competition is really great as it is usually the highlight of the day. It's also really fun experiencing such hard routes cos the element of challange is greater than ever. It makes me want to climb harder and grow into a gr8 climber too like all those amzing ppl we saw...zaki, ron, jay, yam, hafizs etc..