Tuesday, March 28

Echoing Junwei's words, seeing the comm this year reminded me of Lips, Rx and Eli in our first year of Boulder. Dunno how to climb, dunno how to judge routes, only know how to distribute singlets and print results. It was really more of a chore for me than something that I whole-heartedly wanted to be involved in honestly.



But I guess without that first Boulder I wouldn't be here today. No one knows this but for the past two years, everytime I get off bus 16 at Parkmall, my heart starts to beat faster and I can almost smell the excitement from way over there and I actually always run towards the competition site instead of walking at my usual leisurely pace. That's how much heart I have innit now :)



This year's Boulder is extra special because so many of the senior girls are graduating already. We'll have less time to gossip and go for long runs and of course, climb. But seeing the older girls like Serena and Rachel and Kelly come together to set routes and try routes and support old-timers at the comp, I took heart in just knowing that 5, 10, 15 years down the road, Boulder will still be THE place for old friends to come together to sweat, scream, and spend sleepless days and nights together. (Now all I have to do is find a boyfriend who doesn't have a birthday that falls on any of the 3 days and I'm all set! haha ok I'm kidding don't tell him!!!)



I wish I could download the snapshots taken in mind and post them up here so that you could see what i saw during those three days, because what I saw was pretty damn good. and at the end of the day, the only thing that mattered for me was having all you guys around.



(at this point I would add pictures of the team and the entire event for added aww effect but I don't have a digicam so team manager for next year can put that on your list for my present next year ok! haha and yes thanks for the present this year it was a pity i didn't have my pink singlet to match it with!)


Love you guys!!



~mei~