Friday, September 2

one revelation i had this week.
and although all climbers already know this, it is often overlooked.
TRAIN YOUR WEAKNESS!!!!
for me, my weakness is my right hand. very sad!!!!
climbing with the dinos today was fun..alot of good routes to do..and it motivated me to try even more!
as i begin to climb harder routes, i realise that versatility is very important, and that highlighted my weakness even more - i have absolutely negligible power on my right hand!!! my left hand is way way stronger and so when i get routes with cruxes requiring alot of power or lock offs on my right, i totally cannot do them. =(
assad told me something very enlightening that day, and its like the age old climbers training rule that we so often overlook.

- theres no point training only what you re already strong at cos more often that not its that one weakness that pulls u down. theres no point doing routes that u know u probably can do but avoiding those that u feel u confirm cannot do cos theres a -*insert own personal weakness here*- in it. must at least try!!!
i think its very true.
so im trying to set right hand moves routes for myself lately.

we tend to do routes to our own favour, using only what we re strongest in, be it powering through, statically reaching for a tile, using only your power hand etc. but you ll realise that it is provided that the route itself allows for you to use ur strong points, so the hard part comes when u get routes with moves that are very specific. say its a move that can only only be executed with a jump and deadpoint and thats exactly what ure bad, den die la. and as we go up higher levels, routes tend to have very specific moves in them, even more so for natural vertical climbing.
i think if u dont train ur weak points, sooner or later the discrepencies between your strengths and weakness will show up greater and thats where we'll plateau, so we must all identify what we re weak in and work specifically in it, even though it feels really sucky..=/ i hate doing right hand locks cos it makes me feel very very weak. but i think i have no choice. please set more right hand locks and right hand power moves for me!!!
i can give left hand moves if u all want!! =)
eLi