Sunday, December 30

5 Things about Shu Chin

After a long long time, here is my post. Sorry its so late. So as not to bother you guys so much with this late late submission, I will keep it nice and short. So lets begin.


1. I like to travel. In JC, I was in ODAC (oh yeah) where we got to travel overseas for hikes and all that, so I have been to interesting places like Nepal to hike. (ok thats the only interesting place but it was VERY interesting. Most of the other trips we went to (relatively) boring places in Malaysia.). Incidentally, ODAC was where I got exposed to rock climbing.

The most beautiful sunset I have seen. Taken at the teahouse just before Gosaikund Lake.

Yours truly, while halfway up the trek

2. I prefer high walls. Bouldering just isnt as fun. No height, no ropes, so short (usually). But oh well, its still fun, and thats why I am still in the team :) If there are any high wall junkies, shout out! Jio me to go do high walls with you. Unfortunately I dont know how to do lead climbing properly yet, so be prepared to coach me a little if you do jio me.

And here is the customary photo, this one of me in Krabi. I went with my ODAC friends if you are wondering.


And this is a photo of me doing in dairy farm, with the club climbers. Do join us! The more the merrier, so long as you are willing to help carry all the heavy ropes and quickdraws.

As you might have guessed, I like natural rocks more than plastic. There is just a different and better feel to it. And its in nature, which makes everything 10x better.

3. I procrastinate. I should elaborate on this point (and the post too I think), but maybe later..... (and I have! The copy you are reading is the edited one. I procrastinate, but I get the job done eventually. Most of the time. Sometimes.) To make up for this rather lousy point, I shall give you all a bonus point later. As point 6.

4. I live in KE7 hall. Boring hall and all that, as everyone says, but really, how interesting hall is depends on you. If you take part in its activities, then its fun, if you dont, and choose to huddle up in your room mugging (or shooting areoplanes) all the time, then hall wont be fun. For me, I find it fun, more fun than staying at home anyway, so I choose to continue staying in hall, even though I live in Clementi. And the required photo of me doing stuff in hall is below. As you can see, birthday celebrations can be quite... interesting. For those of you thinking sick stuff, all I was doing was lowering the birthday girl's present into her room from the window upstairs. Nothing more interesting than that. 



And a more normal picture, this one of the handball team from my block, right after we won the Inter Block Games for handball.

5. I do weird sports. Here's a list. Climbing, handball, waterpolo (secondary school, sucked at it, always warming the bench (actually bench warming is quite important in waterpolo cos when you are all wet and there is a wind blowing you will want a warm chair) but still managed school team so wtv), swimming. The only mainstreamish one is swimming, which I dont really actually do, I dont even know how to plunge. Notice there isnt anything normalish like football, basketball. So yep.
When I am required to play a mainstream sport like football cos not enough people etc, I end up being keeper. Results are generally unpleasant, as seen below.


6. I have really lousy eyesight. My degree is around 1200. Note the number of digits there. That earns me disgustingly thick glasses and a place in PES C. PES C isnt all that wonderful as you all might think. I would rather have gone to PES A or B and gone to OCS than do that nonsense I did as a PES C serviceman. And heres the required photo.....


That was just after the commissioning? parade equivalent for sergeants. Notice that i am not wearing LBV or sweating, as my friend is. That is because I learnt the merits of chaokeng early, unlike the overly enthusiastic people holding rifles and parading around like getting that rank as a PES C is a big deal. We didnt have to do anything to earn that rank other than sleep in lectures. True story. Haha. Army bashing aside, back to my poor eyesight point. If you ever wave at me from far away, and I dont wave back, or give you a weird stare, its not cos I dont like you and dont want to recognize you (although that might be the case) its cos I cant see you. Even with glasses, its difficult to see very far. And my contacts are underpowered somewhat. So yes.

Ok done. Yay. Happy new year people. Hope you enjoyed the new post LOL