Wednesday, October 7

crystal's 5 things i.e. RANTING.

alrights. i'm finally getting down to doing this, despite having been slacking the past few days..
there's this very nostalgic feeling because the last time i've typed in this blogger window was way back in secondary school.

#1
i love to sleep. now before you all go "so do i and everyone else out there.." my case would probaably be towards the slightly more severe side. as a typical slp lover, classes are built to fall alsp to - the drone of the teacher/lecturer and having to sit in the same spot for the entire time. it just puts me to slp. regardless of the number of hours i slpt the night before. its not that i'm doing it on purpose to look like some bo chap kid; i just can't help it. the effort spent in trying to keep awake, admittably, its more to try and salvage my self image. because 3 out of 5 times i fall alsp in class, its not unnoticeable.





and i shall elaborate. haaah. its actually surprising me how much i'm writing about this first point. this is one of the many embarassing incidents. during one of my bio lectures in TJ, the lecturer was instructing us to amend the enzyme structure in the diagram - one of the catalytic domains, where there's suppose to be another domain or sth. so i was drawing in the domain, and as i was trying to listen to the lecturer, i was falling aslp. and my classmate commented that my enzyme structure had an extra newly invented domain. and actually i think i laughed the hardest cause it really was quite funny. another thing is that i found out not too long ago when my classmate went back to TJ to visit, he asked our econs teacher Mrs Beetsma if she remembered me, and she said something to the extent of "of course. how could i forget that swaying tree.." HAHHA. she was always so nice and i dunno why she doesnt wake me up when im sitting in front during her tutorial class. incident no. 3: i once fell alsp on the bus. standing. it was 969 which took the expressway all the way to yishun. one continuous long ride. plus it was late. hmm. the worse part of it was even having jolted awake, i couldn help falling alsp again. someone should have just given this poor girl a seat right? HAHHA. incident no. 4: i fell alsp at the nus bus stop waiting for 95. 'nough said. my friend coincidentally alighted from one of the shuttles and saw me, and wouldnt stop going on about it for at least a month aft tt. it used to be about how i'm always thinking about food, then it got replaced by how i fell alsp at the busstop.

unglam is my middle name.

oh btw ANDY. i really wasnt slping tt day ya! haah

#2:
hmm. not sure what to write here but thought i'd just share incidents of how i had lost and found my wallet. since the last incident was so recent. last sunday morning i left my wallet on the bus seat after alighting. i assumed my wallet HAD to be somewhere in my bag even tho i couldn find it to tap. plus i had just woken up. *ahem. Then I panicked and with that panic stricken face I considered running after the bus, which I did till the next busstop, before I realised the futility. so I flagged for a cab and caught up with the bus about 6 stops down.

It made me conclude that being deprived of sleep makes me lose things. I hadn slpt that night before the morning incident. And during that week my thumbdrive vapourised when I was walking from the science co-op to the science canteen after having printed a lab report I stayed up the entire night for. I still have no idea where it went even after backtracking that stretch of distance a gazillion times.

The other incident I lost and found my wallet was during a family get-together at my relative’s place. Apparently my aunt’s maid had taken it. the best part is that I would never have found out if I hadn’t been at the right place at the right time. one or two weeks aft losing my wallet, I went to my aunt’s place to visit her. She was sending the maid back to the agency because the maid had a personality that didn seem normal. So she was packing up the maid’s belongings because the maid wasn there. Being several months pregnant, she couldn’t bend down to put the maid’s clothes into the bag so she called me into the room to help her do so. And that’s when I saw that familiar looking wallet in the bag. I had even dreamt of finding my wallet in the car boot after I had lost it. it was so close to being sent to Indonesia.

Any of yall had weird lost-wallet experiences too?

#3:
CRYSTAL is actually not printed in my birthcert. But I didn’t name myself either. My parents didn include it in. I like my surname. I’m always at the back on class registers.

#4:
Life science is not my first choice; it was my fourth. NTU gave me my first choice. which was also what I had placed as first choice for NUS. After the whole lot of effort (discussing with family, my brother going to the extent of getting his ngee ann poly life science course mate to convince me not to choose life science etc. ) in deciding to NOT put science as my first choice for NUS, I was back to the same dilemma upon receiving the acceptance letters. Choosing between what I’m interested in, and what’s practical for me in the future. Funny how things work out.

#5:
I play the oboe. Which is a woodwind instrument. I was from the symphonic band in secondary school. And still am part of the alumni band, which explains my absence from Saturday trainings :X

That’s it. oh plus i really wanna sky dive someday. Or paraglide. Either seems safer than bungee jumping. And I think swimming in the sea without all the gear can sometimes be more enjoyable than with all the diving gear. But maybe only because I’ve only been in tioman waters.

Desmond you’re next. Wahha.