Wednesday, September 3

5 things about... Yi XiOng

Hello so I guess I have the honour to start the ball rolling and I'll try to keep it interesting :)

5 things about Yi Xiong:

1) I'm a PURE ETHNIC CHINESE. Thought I should address this right before I begin. So how did I get so dark??? I'm not really sure what's the actual reason myself but I THINK it's because my mum is Indonesian Chinese? But I'm the darkest among all my cousins and my mum is pretty fair so I guess sth screwed up along the way. And despite being dark, I always get uneven tan lines and stuff and take very long to go back to normal. And the worst thing is I don't seem to have a saturation point.


2) I was from choir in secondary school. So I guess that couldn't be the reason why I'm dark. Can watch me perform with the rest on youtube just for laughs. Spot me! (Hint: 1:02min)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vNa051BxK0


3) I like to eat good food! I don't mind spending a fair bit as long as it's good :) And i've got a pretty big appetite. I always had the problem of supporting my appetite with my allowance/pay. 8 - 9 plates of sushi, mixed veg rice order 5 dishes those kind.


4) "I don't go gym", a nickname my climbing khakis gave me cos I always insist that I don't go gym, pump iron, take protein supplements which I really don't! It's a personal belief that I can be strong without doing all of the things listed above. As for diet, I'll try to take more protein based food especially after hard climbs for faster recovery like lots of meat, eggs, soya bean and milk. But don't think that's cheating. Haha.


5) Lastly think i'll talk about climbing. I like the sport cos of the feeling of pushing limits, both physical and mental. And I always think there's alot of dimensions to the sport. It's like a self-discovering journey to discover how far you can really go, how much we're willing to step out of our comfort zone and how much more can we push. Yup, I prefer high wall climbing to bouldering, prefer natural rock to plastic and I'm quite temperamental and prone to outbursts during climbing, which I must say beforehand first.

Ok I'm done! Next, I tag Chuanming!