Saturday, January 5

Climbing at SRJC on 2nd Jan 2008 courtesy of HRHRH (don't sulk zhengxin!)! Thoughts in Junxian's head: The truth might hurt, Regina, but I'm bored. I rather boulder.


Thoughts in Junxian's head: But it's okay I guess I can pose for a pic with two demure ladies...


Junxian: -wanders back to the boulder gym-


Due to some freak accident last year (I think), all climbers on outdoor walls must wear helmets.


We wanted to boulder only initially, but the SR team had to train as well, and that was why we relocated to the outdoor wall, albeit for a short while. We then streamed to the boulder place and quietly set our routes on their steepest wall while the SR people focused on the not-so-steep walls. Slowly, we made our presence felt and erm yea dominated the walls eventually. Oops.

Their boulder gym is located in a sheltered open-air area. It's naturally windy as well, so I suppose a chalkbag explosion doesn't really hurt too badly. Plus the author finally understands where Regina's apprehension of high boulder walls (think NUS) stemmed from- the SR boulder walls are rather short and the span of the wall is quite small too. But it's cosy and better than JCs which have no walls at all or have delayed putting up climbing walls since 1298371 years ago (think CJC).

Peace out yo,

Ah Lian

ps. I don't actually "peace out yo" really. Trying my darnest to suit my image now. Not working. Sigh. (HAHA).