Friday, September 7

5 random things about Doris

1) I dig the colour yellow. I think it was because I was in yellow house in primary school, and then once again during the 4 memorable years in seconday school; was made captain for the house in both primary and secondary school, so kinda had to face the colour yellow a lot of times whenever house stuff came up. When faced with an abundance of something, one will either hate it, or love it. I chose to love it. Yellow is a nice colour. :)

2) I like playing nice computer/console games, albeit selectively and on reccomendation. Currently loving Command and Conquer 3 and totally loving the Metal Gear Solid series. And oh, Doris is praying for a bubble-wrapped PS3 to land at her feet, bundled with the smallest full HD television available, which leads to point 3...

3)...I'm more of an idealist than a pragmatist. I like to dream and pray for it to come true. And when my desire is there, I'll work pretty darn hard for it/them.

4) My grasp of Chinese is kinda slippery. After 6 freaking years of Higher Mother Tongue, all I managed was a miserable F9 for the O Levels. There, I permit anyone to laugh at me for a while only please thank you. But I can speak Chinese to save my life. Bu yao sha wo, wo shi wu gu de! (Translation: dont't kill me, I'm innocent)

5) I like trekking, for example, heading to Malaysia to climb the small Gunungs (mountains in Malay) over there. It started when I was in JC ODAC and this love only developed late J2 (I had been through a hellish expedition in Malaysia late J1 climbing XX mountains in the monsoon period in XX number of days...the trip was really gruelling...so the love took a while to get ignited.) My mind kinda goes half-blank while trekking... it's a nice feeling in contrast to feverish studying... and to quote what my JC teacher would say, don't climb a mountain to conquer it. Does one really conquer the mountain? The mountain is forever and so much bigger than you. You are just a twitchy being going up this ever-winding path to the summit. Instead... let your weaknesses be conquered by the mountain... learn to overcome your weaknesses in order to be a better asset to the team and be a better moral (or even physical) support to the other people who might be struggling to ascend the mountain. In fact, my ODAC group did thank-you push-ups to thank the mountain. Sounds kinda odd but well...it's respect to the mountains and nature itself.

Er I better stop cos I could keep typing forever when I talk about my beloved ODAC... So I shall now tag Eileen!

PS: Heng Hong you so didn't pick me randomly okay. Haha.