Monday, January 29

Exchange Wat?

It'll be the 3rd wk of training 2dae. And there's already injuries here and there. I'm badly injured too, with a large blood-filled blister (which had healed). Take care people and recover fast. (X-training helps, I guess.)

We had about three school exchanges till now for this sem. And I look forward to every one of them. Its a chance to climb at a different place, to see how other climbers are training or their style, and to learn from others. I think this is like climbing with British pro climbers, but at a level lower, i guess.

But somehow, during exchanges, we tend to keep to ourselves (myself included). It just feels weird to interact with others. Somehow the objective of exchange is lost. So here, let me humbly suggest some not-so good ideas.
  • Ice-breakers. Usually we jus get changed and start climbing asap. How abt gettin the coach and captains / committee to self-intro. This will aid future c0-op.
  • Divide into groups (maybe by category) to increase interaction.
  • Go through the normal training routine, rather than jus free climb. This allows ppl to exchange training pointers; and let them see how other team trains.
  • Pre event route setting. (done last yr)
  • End with free & easy climb.

Point to note: we're a big group and tend to intimidate and occupy large areas wherever we go. Thus we appear obnoxious. (me included)

Just my humble opinions. Its easy to say, but hard to execute.

Comments or ideas, anyone?