Sunday, December 24

KL trip 2006!

Oosh! Greetings to all muahaha merry christmas and happy new year hor. I Adrian Looi, the golden boy of christmas will share my humble experience with the NUS team in KL 18th Dec - 23rd Dec.

Testing the limits
I tested limits this time. Pushing the boundaries will make you improve. I felt I need to know how difficult things are for me to chart the waters.

After testing limits, I realized that Sandra and Mei Fen fiercer this year than last year! This year they gave me no chance to talk or to perform my up-the-cup-motion. When I opened my mouth, they immediately "shuddup adrian" "stop it adrian" "dammit adrian" "yucks adrian." The morale of the story is not to test Sandra's and Meifen's patience..Meifen is extra hot this year too. Might it be due to the short shorts that she was wearing? Looking forward to training yay.

Of course I tested the limits of my climbs too. I tried a 7A+, stupidly thinking that it cannot be too tough as I went quite high in Camp 5's 7A route. My arrogance was rewarded with an early fall. I even resorted to hang-dogging to try the remainder of the 7A+ route in Nanyang wall but kanasai. The footholds are slippery like shit and the handholds were sloper based, with the option of crimping. But at least I know how I should proceed with my climbs now, compared to the past where I have no inkling of how much work to put in for my Tidal Dum project (actually I do have an idea of how much work to put in for Tidal Dum, but I need to convince myself lah).

Curse of the Golden Flower
This is one solid movie hahahahahahahha. I love the expression of the whole team after the movie ended. All 20 plus of them just stared at the screen while the tune of Jay Chou goes on. Super steam haha.

Food
Hmm KL food pales in comparison to the legendary Penang food. See all penang-kias so hensem, thanks to the food. The food in KL expensive too but I guess I enjoyed the company, not the food. The food in Ipoh is better than KL food too, as they are of the same quality but Ipoh's food is much much cheaper. I came from Penang, then Ipoh then finally joined the team in KL, thus I can tell how much the food quality differs.

It is scary that some people can eat a lot. Hoho you know who you are..chi-fei-ni-bah (eat until u fat bah). Nyam nyam nyam I is the fatty monster do you recognise me I eating so much till I put on 100 kg nyam nyam nyam.

Future plans
I want to go back Nanyang wall as that was my first time there. I got a project there le. I wish to expand my climbing moves variation as I felt that I am becoming stagnant in my climbing moves..new moves can make you attack a problem with more creativity and more seh-ness.

Also, the team that went to KL this year was different from the team that went last year..the girls this year wear shorter shorts wuahaha and they are more fierce. The girls of my batch have changed hurhur. Want to know how much more the girls of NUS team will change next KL trip? Stay tune to the 2007 KL trip report from golden boy!