Thursday, December 14

Eat. Sleep. Climb

This is long overdued and I have gotten my butt off the ground. So here goes, 5 things u didn’t know about Charles,

I used to be from Saint Joseph’s Instituition and I was a canoeist in Sji. Had a lot of fun canoeing. Capsizing our canoes on purpose to cool off. Discarding our paddles and using our hands as paddles to race instead. Proceeding to Golden Mile Hawker Centre for great food after trainings or going to Shaw Towers for Burger King and then catch a movie and “cool down” in the theatre at the same time.

After that I went to Pioneer Junior College. I was in Odac. One very interesting fact about my time in Odac was that we never ever went on any overseas trip before. I think all we did was sit in our room and crack lame jokes and laugh ourselves silly. My friend called us Idac, indoor activities club instead.

I like reading. It’s 1 of my favourite pastime. However that does not include my textbooks and readings. I read almost everything maybe the genre of books that I don’t read is romance. I read lesser now due to school but since it’s the holidays now I have plenty of time to read! I just finished Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. Pretty intriguing story just like most Japanese plots would be. However there’s a lot of sex in it. Pretty ridiculous. But oh well, it’s still a good read. I would recommend Haruki Murakami to anyone who wants a good read.

I like doing sports. Play soccer occassionally. Enjoy most ball games too. Used to play pool very often in my jc days. Skate too and wish to pick up aggressive inline-skating. Climbing made me realized that all sports have a tendency to destroy your body. For example climbing - your fingers, soccer - your ankle and I believe aggressive inline will ruin your knees.

And I want to use fewer vulgarities. Very immoral. Swear so much during training and especially competitions. I believe I exclaimed F*** damn loudly during the mock com when I didn’t see a good hold in front of me. During Climaprix when I missed the miniscule foothold I think I shouted F*** so loudly then the chief route judge walked over and asked me to cool it. So embarrassing. So next time u hear me swear or exclaim an expletive give me a glare or ask me to shushh. I’ll try my best to keep it to a grunt of frustration or a sigh of resignation.

Now I tag Khadijah and Youjie!