Sunday, October 29

5 things you already know about Shaun

1) I love booze.

I love almost anything and everything alcoholic, except perhaps Tiger beer which tastes suspiciously like drain water. Not that I've tasted drain water before, but I guess it probably tastes and smells like Tiger Beer. Really can't understand why it's a "world acclaimed" beer. I prefer stuff like Erdinger and Hoegaarden or from microbreweries like Brewerkz or Paulaner's. I'm also quite anal in how I drink my beer; from a mug or glass, never from the can or bottle.

2) I love Steaks, in their full bloody glory. Nothing above medium-rare, though I have really bad luck with steaks. It's difficult for me to get a good one cause there seems to be a conspiracy to deprive me of them. Just had really lousy steak at the Swensons in VivoCity. Sent it back once, and it still came back lousy. Down with Swensons! Head to Hog's Breath or Outback Steakhouse for solid steaks. Of course if you're made of money there's always Morton's...

3) I had an exciting time in primary and secondary school. For some strange reason, I absolutely refused to do any homework in primary school and was too principled to copy, so each day I had to cook out ridiculous excuses for why I didn't bring/do my homework for every lesson. Quite stressful, really. My dad would have to make a trip down at least once a year. Then I woke up, and discovered the joys of copying homework =)

4) Like Vanessa, I was always late for school. I didn't have to do any fence climbing though, cause I gather that since prefects are students too, they have classes, so the trick is just to arrive after the first period, then stroll into class before the teacher for the next period comes in!
Oh and since I didn't have homework problems in secondary school due to my superbly fast copying skills, I entertained myself by pissing the shit out of teachers instead. The idea is to stand in a submissive way with your legs slightly apart, and hands behind your back, then look at them with a cheeky smile and deliver insulting lines in a soft and flat tone. When their faces start getting red and their volume rising, say something like "Why're you shouting, sir? I'm talking to you very nicely." or "Relax sir, you sound very stressed." Sigh..those were the days. Now I'm just dying in classes, can't catch up =(

5) Now here's the best one. I got caught shop-lifting a .... yoyo from metro when I was 14. The merciless manager called the police and my sorry ass was hauled to the Bedok police station where they threw me in a cell but didn't even bother locking the door. I got off with only a warning though. Thankfully.

Okay, that's enough embarrassing stuff about me for now. Oh wait, speaking of embarrassing stuff. There's one more. I got into the finals for Boulderactive 2003, novice cat of course. My then-girlfriend couldnt make it to support me, so she sent a winnie the pooh balloon that I had to tie around my chalk bag. So when I appeared from isolation, the Emcee went, "next climber, er, mr winnie the pooh." Damn embarrassing, so die die must do well for the competition. That kind of pressure got me into the finals. Haha.



And now I sent a flying tag to ... Charles.