Sunday, May 21

five things i BET you don't know about me

hey friendly friends. here's my delayed response to chewchew's tag.
five things that i bet you never knew about me :)

1. i have a dog, his name is Scott and he was born on 4th of July 2002, independence day! he is the son of my first dog, her name was Pebbles. she died in sept 2002, the night before my o levels bio practical, cos she ran outta the house for the billionth time but this time, a car hit her on the main road and sped off. HIT AND RUN, understand. evil. this is the first and only time i've ever lost some-one/(-thing) to death.

2. i've been in odac for 6 years, from 1999 to 2004. the reason why i joined odac in the first place is cos, one fine saturday my mom decided to force me outta the house and made me go to sch to find a cca. originally, all hopes of joining odac had been crushed because by some twisted fate i'd been put into Waddle house, who's house practise clashed with one of the odac training days and the head of PE was evil and refused to let me change house. SO, anw, i was sitting in the canteen drinking coke (gross, i used to really like coke) when my classmate who was in odac came over and discovered that i was waiting for Red Cross training to start. horrified, she forced me to join them for odac initiation, which turned out to be games involving rolling in mud, playing with blue and red dyed liquid, jumping, hopping and falling in more mud. after that the seniors realised i needed to be interviewed, and the odac teacher i/c decided i should be let in since i was enthusiastic and participated despite having no change of clothes and no towel and no toiletries. odac people are nice. i then proceeded to ditch all further Waddle house practises and became a fullpledged odacian.

3. my dad refuses to let me dye my hair!

4. in 2003, i trekked a mountain range in Sikkim, Khangchendzonga while on a YEP SIF funded project. At the highest point of our trek (Dzongri), i was happy and having fun (since it was my first time seeing snow), until night hit, and i woke up in the middle of the night and puked in my friend's right shoe. (poor aiming). vigorously suffering from altitude mountain sickness, AMS, i started my descent down the range an hour earlier from my friends, with a Hot guide, and one of the adult project leaders. there was a point where the Hot guide hoisted me onto his back and carried me down a steep slope HEH (but of course i was half dead, and failed to enjoy the moment fully.) that night, after descending to perhaps 2/3 the height that we were at originally, i experienced extremely scary hallucinations and confusion whenever i fell asleep, suffered lack of appetite and seemed to think i was in malaysia. i scared the hell outta myself, and my friends. basically, experiencing AMS was horrific. as can be affirmed by friends, esp the one who's shoe i puked in, and my project-buddy jayce who possibly thought i was dying, and other randoms. but Sikkim is very nice and everyone should go there one day :)

5. i really really want to go overseas, to study! maybemaybe, hopefully, year 4.

okay, my stories are extremely longwinded. so, anyway, now i tag KUMARAN. i know you read this!