Monday, April 3

Tomas Mrazek


I think I am blogging too much.

Anyway since Tom was here to comment on Jai Dum, thought I might intro this guy a little. The best way to intro him is to give you guys a link to his climb done years back on a 8C/9A route named underground.
http://www.czechclimbing.com/clanek.php?key=2997&lim=0&==&caut=&cser=&ctem=&nser=&ntem=

I like the way he climbs because he wears the same shoes as me when he did that climb. His legwork (read legwork, not footwork) is superb. Hooking here and there, see how he changes the pressure placed on his tipping of footholds. Dammit. And there is a everchanging flux on how he manages his legs so as to fit the right situation. When going for a lunge, when overcoming the overhanging part of the starting, when he is on the flat part of the ending. His knees are dropped here and there, turned here and there. No wonder he is better than me argh.

The starting of the route is madness too. It looks like friggin sloppers on overhangs argh. Anyway here's his official site. Can see how he train up lah. Not bad this guy.
http://www.tomasmrazek.cz/