Thursday, February 23

Yishun and Gear Review

Here's the obligatory post of Yishun. But to make things different, I will bundle in a gear review too.

Yishun was strangely empty today..no TJC climbers but there are some MINDEF commandos and they have spanking new gear! They brought slings by drums and most of them have new ropes but it is incomparable to the Ocun's Mescal harness!

The Ocun Mescal Size (Small)

The Ocun Mescal has a body hugging fit (but then all harnesses should be body hugging) and despite its inadjustable leg loops, they strangely did not pull my shorts up upon sustaining a fall. This is very good as sometimes when people stay indoors for too long, they tend to develop fair legs and it is not stylo lah. Things will be worse if the fair legs are hairy legs argh.

Futhermore, the sun is not that hot today. Good thing to climb in that weather but bad for tanning purposes. The Lim bruders did not have any shirts on argh but that is not the point! The point is the atmosphere during today's climb was pleasant. We have bruders throwing stones and little juniors following suit by throwing stones. Tried routes too but endurance was not there and lack balls to execute certain moves.

Upon a fall, I had expected the harness to jerk on my jewels as it is small in size (the harness is size s, not the jewels argh). But somehow, the leg loops did not do that and I fell with a really relek feeling. The gear loops are a bit old school as it uses plastic but at least it is not as stiff as other harnesses' gear loops. The velcro bit at the waist is good too as it does not come undone easily. This is good as I was belaying heavy people and the harness clings on to my body.

Each team member also had their fair bit of climbing, good lah like that everyone happily happily. There is also a progression towards vocal climbing too as climbers scream, holler, coach throwing a shoe at me -.- great cheering, some ghost stories and stone throwing. Although I was a bit shacked (fair people get tired easily from climbing) it was a good atmosphere. Plus the Safra kia who always suspek I forge my guardian's signature is not working today wuahaha

Syok lah today haha I can focus on my weaknesses for Rock-On and the harness is syok. Like it is super comfortable. Nice color too. Good value for money. The best part is (get ready for mushy part) the team's strength and spirit is imbued in it, makes me feel that I am not climbing alone. Yeah. (",) Thanks people!