Friday, November 4

climbing in yishun

Today at Yishun I realised what I am most afraid of!! Locking off in tenuous positions and clipping in...cos i am the 2nd slowest Clipper this side of the Orient. (Slowest being elisa)..Got to train clipping in skills already.

Also very afraid of cutting loose when up veyr high until OJW made me do this red route on the overhang wall..where I had to jump and cut loose on the overhang at panel 12.. (a first time for me..SHIOK!) and also launch for the ending tile from a very bad slopey hold. (also a first time for me..SHIOK!).

OJW was on fire and managed to red-point several routes. He is a mad man who loves to cut loose on the Overhang cos it makes him high. Elisa was of course technique queen. Alvin was a piece of shit and topped 0 routes. Hanping our Grand Master Senior needless to say, floated up the wall like a Zen Buddha. Me and OJW and elisa watched on in awe as he on sighted a 6C..(The white route on yishun flat wall 3)

Climbing vertical really pumps me out.. I can boulder much better than I can climb. Hanping says that it is perhaps because I know high power techniques needed during bouldering but have neglected to learn low power techniques ->hence tiring myself needlessly. Also, I use a wrong pace when climbing, not confident with contours and don't know how to find shake out points.. Do these apply to you too? Let's work on it togehter!

Anyway, the story of the day was when we DISCOVERED AN INDOOR BOULDERING GYM UNDERNEATH THE MEGA WALL that Yishun is building!!!!

You cannot belive how beautiful it is...lots of cute tiles and there are tiles all the way up to the 2nd level...on the ceiling and by the sides(instead of stairs). It's like a mini Gingerbread house with Tiles EVERYWHERE! There are also cute features on the ceiling and all around. Quite amazing..I bet it's going to be packed when it opens.

The Mega wall (facing the swimming pool) also has a crack in it to climb. Ie the type where you squeeze inside and can bridge across it. Looking forward to it's grand opening..