Sunday, August 21

Abs are all important for good climbing, as it is in most sports. Fundamental to powerful climbs is a strong and sustainable core-body strength. Without a strong foundation in this, you'd soon find yourself relying on the more powerful and versatile but less efficient and sustainable power of your arms and fingers. This could work for short and intense climbs, but won't fare well for sustained pitches or endurance problems.

I'm looking into improving my core-body strength and improving the my overall coordination -- in other words, I hope to target problem areas like on-the-wall-flexibility, footwork and efficient body movement. Found this article online on some simple yoga workouts for the abs to start with. Hope it's useful. (http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/yoga_retired/32734/1)

Am probably gonna up the ante on my arms and finger training too to keep the development all-rounded. Will try to work in a little bit of finger/hangboard as well as PT after trainings on alternate days. Just for fun... Cos Ronghui's been sticking some real insane stuff lately and I'm gettin jealous... haha


JKLM